Friday, May 6, 2011

The Race for tomorrow, May 7th, is cancelled due to the threat of rain.

True to form, Mother Nature is making it hard on the new president again. I really don't want to cancel the race because of the threat of rain, but I think it is best if we postpone the race tomorrow. It would be easy for me to say lets give it a shot, but I am one of the lucky ones that lives only a few miles from the track. I don't want to see the members that travel a great distance to get here make the drive for nothing. All of the weather forecasts that I watched show that it will rain between 10 am and 1 pm, then have a possibility of another shower later in the afternoon. The weather channel lists the rain chances as 50% or greater from 10am to 6 pm.

With that said, I am cancelling the race for tomorrow. We will likely reschedule it for August 13th, which was the rain date built into the schedule. More about that will be discussed in the next drivers meeting.

The next race will be May 21st, and it will be the first night race of the season.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there.

Jon Mason

No comments:

Post a Comment

Receive an email each time this website is updated.

(Once you click the verification link in your email and see the "congratulations" page, you are all set up)

Email: